Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pack ya caa at Haavad yad- A Boston Requiem

Well folks this is my last day in the wonderful city of Boston.  

Let's re-cap, the shows:  Awesome production of She Loves Me at Huntington Stage, a contemporary King John in a church, a very so-so production of Shakespeare's lost play, Cardenio at A.R.T, a spooky, far out take on Alice in Wonderland, called: Impossible Things.

The neighborhoods: South Boston, living out my Mystic River fantasy; the South End, where it is so serene and perfect; Kenmore area, where I saw the film The Fall; Allston, where I have been living for 10 days now, which I thank the people I have been staying with so much (it is in walking distance of Harvard University- yea my first choice in college); Mission Hill and Museum of Fine Arts, seeing so many paintings and artifacts, making me want to be an anthropologist.

The experiences:  seeing two homeless men fight, one homeless man faint from the heat, o yea 99 degree weather for 5 days in a row was quite awesome......not, walking around the city for a large portion of each day, stepping in the Boston Sea Harbor, not having to move my car, giving directions around Boston, UFO beer (not that great-like Blue Moon), meeting up with long lost friends, spending two hours looking for a bus stop my first night in Boston, and of course drinking it in at the museum of fine arts, a tour/visit/interview at Boston University for the MFA Directing program, visiting Tufts University, a wicked chicken parm at Flying Penguins, and bacon and cheese stuffed burger at Playwright, o yea Beat LA...go Celtics.

Well it has been an unbelievable time and i truly will remember this, next up NYC for a week.

1 comment:

jackbarry99 said...

It's "pahk", mate... (pahk, as in "dahk", an absence of light..


... not "pack", as in... smack...

You'll be back, as in ....

jb